The Sanskrit word Veda is derived from the root “vid” which means wisdom .The Vedas are a huge collection of sacred words which were revealed to Rishis in their deep meditative trance
The Rishis were enlightened sages to whom these sacred sounds ,words and mantras were revealed in the state of samadhi.The compendium of these imperishable ,eternally present vibrations and forces are the Vedic mantras and encapsulated in them is the vibration (Sanskrit -naad) which can carry an individual back to the source of the vibration ,that is consciousness itself.
These mantras hold the deep secrets of the cosmos ,creation and the Absolute Reality. The rishis acknowledged The Absolute Consciousness as the Supreme Being with whom every human individual has a unique relationship ,discovering which is the mission of every life ,and discovering which infuses all of life including the material with light and delight.
The plethora of vedic mantras were grouped together in the Samhita and later codified into the Rik Veda ,The Sama Veda ,the Yajur veda and the Atharva Veda by Veda Vyasa.
In the workshop “Reviving the Vedas” you will learn:
1 The importance of vibration as sound ,being the source from which this vast and complex cosmos has evolved.The basics of "Naad yoga"" The Yoga of sacred sound
2 The mystique and beauty of the language Sanskrit ,referred to as "deva bhasha" or language of the gods(gods being different cosmic forces -all being various aspects of one supreme consciousness)
3 The devanagiri Sanskrit letters -the basics of script and Roman transliteration
4 A brief history of the vedas ,the ancient sages and the vedanga -the latter being formulated in order to protect the purity of the original mantras
5 The vedanga of Siksa which deals with the rules of phonetics ,as to how exactly the mantras should be chanted retaining all their original properties ,The rule of vedic chanting or pedagogy will be taught very simple and practically
6 Daily chanting of mantras (mostly from Krishna Yajur veda tradition ) .Adhyayanam is the chanting of the mantras in adherence to the pedagogy ,by the teacher and the student listens carefully and learns by repeating from memory .
It will be our humble endavour that you experience an immersion in these sacred vibrations and their immense value in healing and meditation .By the end of this course the mantras which we will attempt to cover are-
Few Santi mantras ,Ayur mantras ,Maheshwar sutras and Gayatri mantra .The surface and deeper meanings will be touched upon and meditated on.
BENEFITS OF VEDIC CHANTS
• A vast repository of knowledge ranging from material to spiritual is opened up for assimilation and application
• Improved concentration and memory
• Balance of right and left halves of the brain
• Vibrational healing , wellbeing and health
• Mantra Yoga a tool to perfection of consciousness
• How to combine vedic chants with pranayama and use them as aid to meditation and health
• How to use vedic chants holistically
• Enrich the lives of all aspirants and healers ,doctors ,therapists ,counselors ,yoga teachers and sound/music therapists.
• Draw nuggets of inspiration for daliy life.
The course will include-
1hour of theory and 2 hours of chanting every day .
• Hatha yoga sessions every morning
• Pranayama per se and/ or in combination with vedic mantras
• Yoga nidra sessions.
• Life Soul lutions /Vedic counseling (not inclusive)