SACRED VEDIC SOUNDS FOR HEALING ,MEDITATION AND LIGHT (LEVEL 1)
The Sanskrit word Veda is derived from the root “vid” which means knowledge.The Vedas are the revelations which were experienced by the ancient rishis in states of deep trance.
The Rishis saw the creative Akshar or Divine word and their visions in the supraphysical plane stirred the poetic heart of the “kavi” (poet) in the venerable rishi , and impelled it to outpour its mystical experiences as mantras and hymns.
These mantras hold the deep secrets of the cosmos ,creation and the Absolute Reality –The Supreme Being and the myriad qualities and powers of “THAT”
The pristine quality of the vedic mantras was preserved and their sanctity upheld by the strict adherence to the pedagogy of the chants .The strict rules of chanting of the hymns have been handed down for 5000 or more years and will be honored in this workshop as well.In other words you will be taught to chant the mantras precisely as they were articulated by the Seer or Rishi of the mantra. The vedic mantras though taught to the Brahmacharis in Gurukuls subsequently infused all aspects of material and spiritual life with divinity, thus raising the profane to the sacred.
The Vedas also are a manual to the art of relating to all aspects of contemporary life from your highest “dharma” consciousness .In addition they are replete with knowledge of Medicine ,healing ,weapons ,warfare ,herbs and the science of living and enjoying a long life span
The plethora of vedic mantras were grouped together in the Samhita and later codified into the Rik Veda ,The Sama Veda ,the Yajur veda and the Atharva Veda by Veda Vyasa.
In the workshop “REVIVING THE VEDIC CHANTS “
You will learn to chant choicest of mantras.The mantras will be mostly from the Krishna Yajur Veda tradition.However some significant chants from Rik Veda and other Vedas may be included in subsequent levels which will include deeper aspects associated with the sacred sounds and prepare ground for further evolving gnosis in the aspirant.
CONTENTS OF THE COURSE (level 1)
• History of Vedas
• Rules of vedic chanting –pedagogy
• Basics of devanagiri script and its roman transliteration
• Some important Vedic chants
• The meaning of the chants
• Use with asana and Pranayama.
BENEFITS OF VEDIC CHANTS
• A vast repository of knowledge ranging from material to spiritual is opened up for assimilation and application
• Improved concentration and memory
• Balance of right and left halves of the brain
• Vibrational healing , wellbeing and health
• Mantra Yoga a tool to perfection of consciousness
• How to combine vedic chants with pranayama and use them as aid to meditation and health
• How to use vedic chants therapeutically will be alluded to in advanced levels
• Enrich the lives of all aspirants and healers ,doctors ,therapists ,counselors ,yoga teachers and sound/music therapists.
• Draw nuggets of inspiration for daliy life.
• Arrest degeneration of values in their downward spiral by slow cumulative effect .
The medium of Instruction will be English .No prior knowledge of Sanskrit is mandatory.The level I is an introductory level and gives a feel of vedic chants as they were originally chanted and in the very form that they have been transmitted over generations ,thus opening the consciousness to a humble sharing of the same sacred vibrations.
WHO SHOULD ENROLL ?
Sincerity and a desire to learn the ancient practice of chanting the hymns just as they were chanted by the ancient rishis and being open to the dawning of their knowledge of therapeutic and other applications –are what make a person eligible to pursue the course
An informal evaluation will be done during and at the end of the course and a certificate awarded for the participation.Grade will be awarded depending on the qualities of sincerity and receptivity of the aspirant.A high value is placed on rapport between aspirant and instructor
VENUE – A15 Belvedere Park, DLF phase 3, Gurugram 122002